Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization.
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
By bringing caring adults into the schools to address children’s unmet needs, CIS provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students – many in jeopardy of dropping out – have the opportunity to focus on learning.
Communities In Schools of Glynn County works hard to ensure that every child needs and deserves these “Five Basics”:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community