Communities In Schools (CIS) surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. We place dedicated staff members called Site Coordinators in local schools where they build strong relationships with students, parents, educators, and community members. Our site coordinators identify barriers that prevent students from succeeding in school. Working with school administrators, CIS identifies students who need extra help to succeed in schools. The administrators and site coordinators will then work together to develop individual plans and build teams of support.
CIS believes every child needs and deserves the five basics©:
- A personal, one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community